2020 – 2021 Registration
Suspended until further notice
Welcome To Port Credit Hockey
All house league player registrations take place on-line and will require you to:
- At least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey will need to complete the online RIS Parent Program as a condition of participation. https://gthlparent.respectgroupinc.com/
- Have a birth certificate number, passport number, or citizenship number
- Agree to the City of Mississauga & MHL Fair Play Code of Conduct
New players to the Mississauga Hockey League will need a copy of their birth certificate on file. Please send this copy to: email@example.com
Please note the following:
- Increased hourly ice rates, coupled with reduced roster limits lead to increased ice costs per player.
- PCHA is forecasting a greater-than-60% drop in sponsorships this season, as many of our local business supporters have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. These sponsorships typically subsidize the team sweaters.
- Due to practice ice restrictions, PCHA will be limiting registration this year across all age groups.
- In an effort to recognize and react to the impact brought on, to our membership, by the COVID-19 pandemic, PCHA, in alignment with the other five MHL Associations, has taken the decision to identify areas of cost reduction in order to minimize registration fees.
- As such, the following decisions have been taken:
- All PPWT and House League players will be receiving a more cost-effective sweater. A simple one-colour royal blue jersey with sublimated PCHA logo & number and player name.
- The following events have been eliminated: Year-End Trophy Banquet, Annual Dinner-Dance, House League Tournament, Skills Program, Goalie Clinic.
- At this time, we still hope to provide team and individual photos for the children
- Sibling Discount: $25 sibling discount still in effect
- Registration Capping: PCHA will be capping registration this season in order to ensure cost certainty. Divisions, based on preset numbers, will begin closing on Oct 1st, 2020.
- Adjusting currently advertised fees:
- All currently registered PCHA players have registered at rates higher than those noted above. Most are in the midst of installments, some have paid in full.
- Unfortunately, the Hockey Canada Registry, online registration system, does not have a functionality that permits us to change fees in mid-stream.
- The only work-around we have at this time, is the following:
- Those that have paid in full – will receive their discount credited to their credit card by Oct 15th, 2020
- Those that are on the instalment plan, will continue to complete payments (Oct 1 and Nov 1) and will have their discount credited to their credit cards by November 15th, 2020.
In closing, we would like to thank you once more for all your patience to date. What you see above is the best that can be accomplished under very trying circumstances. The goal here is to provide an experience for your children that is as close to the hockey they are accustomed to while keeping them as safe as possible. We hope to see you in the rink as soon as possible.
U8 (Minor Novice) – U16 (Minor Midget)
- Payments are made by credit card
If you require assistance with registration, please contact the Port Credit Registrar: Karen Santaguida
If required, financial assistance may be available through the MHL Play-more program. Click here for more information.
- PCHA understands that some parents may be having reservations about playing this season. Please note that all registered players have a deadline of September 30th, 2020 to withdraw for a full 100% refund.
- All that is required is an email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com prior to 11:59 PM on September 30th, 2020 advising of your desire to withdraw.
- After the September 30th date, withdrawal policy is as follows:
- October 31st, 2020: $100 Discount
- November 30th, 2020: $300 Discount
- December 1st, 2020 onward: No Discount
- Refund Policy in the event of hockey shutdown because of COVID-19
- In the event that hockey is shut down by Peel Health, City of Mississauga, Hockey Canada or any other governing body, all PCHA players will receive a prorated refund in which real costs incurred will be discounted from the registration fee and the remainder will be refunded.
Hockey Canada Changes Age-division Names
|Year of Birth||Age on Dec. 31, 2020||Old Age Division||New Age Division|
|2014 and earlier||6 or under||Paperweight (Tyke)||Under-7 (U7)|
|2013||7||Minor Novice||Under-8 (U8)|
|2011||9||Minor Atom||Under-10 (U10)|
|2009||11||Minor Peewee||Under-12 (U12)|
|2007||13||Minor Bantam||Under-14 (U14)|
|2005||15||Minor Midget||Under-16 (U16)|