The Port Credit Hockey Association provides Hockey Development Programs that includes a player-centric approach to development with the following principles:
- Establish the “Gold Standard” for all hockey programming
- Provide all participants with a positive experience focusing on building a strong skill base
- Adhering to the principles of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Participant Development in the design and application of age-specific programs
- Committed in providing programs in a fun and safe environment that is designed on the skills of the players.
- learn the fundamentals and play the game of hockey
- learn life skills and good sportsmanship
Tyke and House Hockey
The mainstream recreational programs are the Paperweight league which is designed for children aged 4-6 and the House League designed for players 7-20.
Gold and ‘A’ Hockey
Our Gold (players 7-8) and ‘A’ (players 9-18) league programs build upon the same Port Credit Hockey principles however they are designed for the highly competitive and committed players wanting to go beyond the recreational league.
Try it you might like it ! (ages 6 – 10 years old)
The 1st. shift and 2nd. shift programs are designed for older age participants who want to learn the basics of skating and playing hockey. These programs can be a precursor for entering the mainstream recreational house program.
Port Credit Hockey serves all players from within or around Mississauga, come one come all!